The Michigan Dept. of Education will become responsible for determining eligibility for all CDC Unlicensed Providers. This includes:
- Processing all Child Development and Care (CDC) Unlicensed Provider Applications
- Completing pre-enrollment interviews wilth all unlicensed provider applicants
- Handling changes reportedby currently enrolled unlicensed providers.
Applying to be a CDC Unlicensed Provider:
- You may obtain the Child Development and Care Unlicensed Provider Application at: www.michigan.gov/mde
- Send the completed applications with 1.) Proof of age 2.) Indentity 3.) Residence and 4.) Copy of Social Security card to MDE. Applications can be: Faxed to 1-517-284-7529 or mailed to: Provider Enrollment Unit, P.O. Box 30267, Lansing, MI 48909
There is a $10.00 fee to reserve a seat for the class. You can call and do a debit/credit card payment over the phone, mail a money order/check or come into our main office at 268 E. Kilgore Rd., Suite D, Portage, MI 49002 to make payment in person.
However, pre-registration is required and your name will not be added to the list for attendance until your $10.00 is successfully received and processed by our director of business operations.
You will NOT receive payment for any childcare you do UNTIL you have completed the Great Start to Quality Orientation. Which you can read about below.